Welcome Gentle Readers

This blog tends to wander from its main purpose -- updates on my fiction. I do have updates and excerpts of my work. But I also write about my obsessions -- food, friends and pop culture and my weird life in Los Angeles. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blacula, Naked Monsters and BSG's The Plan

I used to dress up in thigh high boots and corsets and the like for Halloween. Since moving to LA, I'm inclined to do that on any given Tuesday, Thus, I am home watching Scream, Blacula, Scream. It has a Blacula, Pam Grier and that Black guy from Ironside. Why wouldn't I be watching that? Next, we'll likley watch The Naked Monster , a hopefully good spoof of such films as The Thing from Another World. It features a brain-dead sheriff, a stolid secret agent and a sexy scientist team with a grumpy retired monster fighter to battle a 60 foot, three-eyed cross between man and dinosaur. It also stars many actors from B movie classics often in their final roles. Who wouldn't want to see that. And after our brains are filled with cheese, we'll watch BSG: the Plan. After all, you must save the best for last. I'll be reviewing all of them (spoilers and all) in the blog tomorrow. Save for Scream Blacula Scream. I'm nearing the end and have no idea what I've been looking at.


Happy Halloween!

No comments: