Welcome Gentle Readers

This blog tends to wander from its main purpose -- updates on my fiction. I do have updates and excerpts of my work. But I also write about my obsessions -- food, friends and pop culture and my weird life in Los Angeles. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Crossovers

It looks my film life and my author life are going to crossover. We are doing R&D on creating five minute shorts from a couple of the novels. I've just finished a 5 page script for a scene from Gift of Surrender. This would be filmed along with two scenes from romance scripts that we were marketing. They do not have novels written yet. It's a project we've been trying to pitch for more years than I care to think about. They are historical or fantasy romances for the direct to DVD market. The folks currently looking to fund this want a proof of concept short. That is, a five minute or so short that shows what thefilm will look and feel like production value wise. I don't mind doing them. I think they would help drive book sales. And, I enjoyed hearing the voices for A Soldier's Choice so much that I'd really enjoy seeing the characters from one of my novels. We have a potential actor for Nikulainen and I think I have a Sarianna. We'll have to see how they look in an audition.

And yes, I am considering a short for A Soldier's Choice as well.

No comments: