Welcome Gentle Readers

This blog tends to wander from its main purpose -- updates on my fiction. I do have updates and excerpts of my work. But I also write about my obsessions -- food, friends and pop culture and my weird life in Los Angeles. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Novel and New Film Shorts

Welcome new folks to the blog. I'm seeing more and more far flung addresses on my statcounter. The people who find me through google searches, I hope you aren't too weirded out by what you discover. Those looking for info on Playa del Rey Condos, sorry I wan't more informative on the topic. I'm none to pleased with the condo situation in LA as it caused two months of insanity with the two tiered move. Though I am happy to report that the LA city council approved much higher moving fees for those whose palces are converted to condos and they closed the loophole that allowed the company who took our building to avoid paying the moving fee. Doesn't help us, but it won't happen again. For those who find me from Asia and the Middle East, happy reading and I'm willing to try to cut through the confusion I'm certain my ramblings cause.


I've taken to writing lists for everything. I've had to do it to make sure I don't forget small but important things while trying to get the big things done. I'll make sure I get to meetings for various projects, but I'll completely forget there is absolutely no food in the house. We just finished buying cleaning supplies for the new place. I don't know how many times I've left a market since moving here and realized I hadn't bought a broom. The key to list though is to not leave them at home when you go out and to actually pull them out and look at them while running errands. It's been that kind of crazy. I'll detail some of the mayhem on the Sybpress Blog as it has to do with book publishing. I'll be sure to post a link for
that blog here later.


All in all, save for the recording session with Travis, I have not been a happy publisher of late. In recent days I've questioned the sageness of even opening the business to more authors. However, I had a very pleasant task of meeting the actors who will bring Nikulainen and Sarianna alive in the film short for Gift of Surrender. Brent is very blonde and pretty and lanky and graceful. He's also willing to have his eyebrows shaped and his hair weaved for such a short film. While Lisa is a stunning dark haired beauty with a great deal of sparkle to her personality. She, too, was looking forward to the big romance hair weave -- and the cape.
Both have very nice voices. Brent is soft spoken and even seems a little shy like my Nikulainen. And Lisa has a lovely voice to go with her lovely 26 in waist figure (I could just slap her for that, but she's also very sweet). They looked fabulous together and were excited about the book. I gave them their own copies to study though I declined to post-it note the love scenes. It will be several weeks before we actually shoot something. That's how long it will take to work out the locations, the construction of the sets and have the costumes made. Though it is only a five minute film when finished, the amount of planning is almost the same as a full length feature. In fact, taking time to really plan and shop around makes the film cheaper to shoot.

And while thses characters are coming to life, my soldier boys are continuing their exciting lives in the sequel to A Soldier's Choice. I've worked the plot for the book out in my head. Now it's a matter of finding the time to write it. That's not that difficult. We only have one PC right now and Jon has dibs on it to do the layout and covers for the three novels in the Sybaritic pipeline. He's on for hours, so I can't really work on anything but cooking or my writing. There really is a limit to how much CSI: Miami I can watch. I'm hoping to have the novel done by June or July. I'll be posting excerpts here for sure.
Now, I'm off to the movies. My brain needs a break and I believe that Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters is just the ticket for that.

No comments: