Welcome Gentle Readers

This blog tends to wander from its main purpose -- updates on my fiction. I do have updates and excerpts of my work. But I also write about my obsessions -- food, friends and pop culture and my weird life in Los Angeles. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's Cooking on a Tuesday Night

I didn't have the best of days today. I won't know how bad it was until tomorrow. However, I did have some tenderloin, some Vidalia onions, some big ol' potatoes and some excellent aged balsamic vinegar from F.Oliver's. the result is an amazing dish by David Rocco that I discovered on the new Cooking Channel. It was delicious. Here's the link: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/beef-tenderloins-con-balsamico-recipe/index.html

I learned the frites technique last night on the Cooking channel's Unique Eats. I par boiled the cut fries for five minutes, drained and cooled them on paper towels then deep friend them until crispy. Jon and I ate them with two fists until they were gone. Ah, food therapy. It's much better than punching.

No comments: