Welcome Gentle Readers

This blog tends to wander from its main purpose -- updates on my fiction. I do have updates and excerpts of my work. But I also write about my obsessions -- food, friends and pop culture and my weird life in Los Angeles. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Blog Winners and Answers

I'm working on the new blog right now. Some events are still unfolding, so I may have to wait until Friday night for a real comment. We have things really heating up on the film front, and we having a moving date, it seems. But there some really crazy and some cool things going on that I have to wait to see how they turn out.

We had three winners. Unfortuantely, two are straight men who would have some problems with certain activities my heroes indulge in frequently.

Kim W won the e-book and one of the bonuses. The bonus chapter has a little more tweaking before it's presentable.

The answers are for question one: Maniac from the film Flashdance.

The guys got the answer to the second question. The series is Ghost in the Shell SAC: 2nd GiG. The song is called Rise. I usually don't go about quoting lyrics, but these are so much in keeping with the tme of the book, I thought I would here. You can also view the really kick ass opening of that series here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cEN96e-frY

The song is sung in english and another language, but the images made me actually watch the series.

Song Title: rise
Performed by:
Origa
Lyrics by:
Tim Jensen / Origa

I'm a soldier, and that means I'm both defendant and judge
I am standing on the two ends of fire
Bending over the steep turns, overtaking death and life
I'm running to fight the shadow of the lies

No matter how much threads deceit weaves
The truth will show the face of light

* Save your tearsfor the day when our pain is far behind
on your feet come with me
we are soldiers stand or die

¶ Save your fears take your place
save them for the judgement day
fast and free follow me
time to make the sacrifice
we rise or fall

I'm a soldier, born to stand in this waking hell I am
witnessing more than I can compute
pray myself we don't forget
lies, betrayed and the oppressed
please give me the strength to be the truth


people facing the fire together
if we don't, we'll lose all we have found


* repeat
¶ repeat

Don't you cry,
Hide your tears
Because there'll be a new day
Your fireWill be heating Thousands of hearts
Now, rise up
Hide your pain and fear far off
The one who is right will win
Remember, everything is in your hands

* repeat
¶ repeat

New Blog and contest in a couple of days.

No comments: